Man + Machine
A properly fit bicycle is a critical component of performance cycling. Problems with comfort and power delivery can be resolved with improved position on the bike.
Most bike fitting focuses on adapting the bicycle to fit the riders body. The flaw with this approach is that an active cyclists body is not static. As fitness levels change and as the body becomes more or less flexible, the bike position for optimal power transmission and comfort also changes. Ideal bike fit is an ongoing process.
Our 3-hour bike fit is comprised of several components:
- integrating knowledge from FMS (Functional Movement Screen)
- Dartfish technology aids in pedal-stroke analysis to assist riders to pedal more efficiently
- postural analysis combined with years of coaching experience helps riders to sit properly
- utilise the Wobblenaught measurement system
Bike fit sessions begin with a functional Movement Screen. This provides information about the rider's body in terms of strength and flexibility. This informs the actual fitting of the bike to the rider. The FMS may also suggest possible improvements in position attainable through stretching, mobility and strength exercises.
Every bike fit includes a 1-hour follow up session to make adjustments based on changes in the riders position due to improved fitness, and/or increased mobility.
- please bring a CLEAN and TUNED bicycle. Time spent taking care of these will be billed as extra.
- parts required to achieve improved fit are not included.
- cancellations/adjustments to schedule must be made outside 48 hours or be charged 50%.